Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happenings

Whenever I get around to posting on the blog it seems like a mad dash to post pictures and write a caption. That is not the reason I wanted to do a blog. I wanted to have a journal that I can look back on and remember the stages that we go through. Pictures are always great, but I'm not the best at writing or recalling what I think would be a good thing to remember someday, if that makes any sense. I thought I would start today and just write some of the everyday things that happen around here, knowing they will soon change as Hadley gets older. I know I will want to look back on these days and remember some specifics.

Hadley is in a fun fun stage. She sleeps all night, she goes to bed around 6 or 6:30 and gets up around 6:30. Being that she goes to bed so early it is a great time for Josh and I to hang out. One night we just got wine and hung out on the patio, but lately we have been addicted to the show 24. We watch at least 2 episodes a night and sometimes three. If you have seen the show you know that it is nearly impossible to not watch the next one to see what it going to happen. If you have not seen the show, YOU. MUST. SEE.

Anyways, back to Hadley. Last Saturday she started army crawling. Up until now, being her laid back self she has had NO motivation to move off her booty. She will turn circles on her booty, but not go anywhere. If she looses a toy she is content with finding another one. Well, this week she has turned a new curious leaf. She will plop down on her tummy and go to town trying to get anything she can get her little hands on. People always said don't rush crawling and now I see why and how our whole little routine is about to change. I went for a bike ride this morning and while Josh was watching her she managed to pull over a potted plant and get 1/2 way across the room before Josh could catch her. I am finally going to baby proof this place. I guess our house will look a little bare, so when you stop by please don't judge my decorating...it is only temporary, right? I guess I should be thankful it has been prolonged this long.

She is also talking a lot these days. She does most of her talking while sitting in her high chair or in her bed. When I lay her down, she will sometimes talk and talk for 30 min. It is really fun to hear all of her new noises. She of course says 'dada' 'mama' and sometimes 'all done' or 'banana' but mostly it is all mumbled words.

I have given her pretty much all fruits and vegetables. She seems to like anything I put on her tray except cauliflower. That ended up all on the floor. Recently, I started giving her Cheerios. These are a new favorite for both of us. They keep her well occupied when we are out. She likes to pick them up one by one to eat them.

She still only has the two bottom teeth. I keep expecting the top teeth to come in soon.

I can't believe that we are so close to her one year birthday. It has gone by so quick. Josh and I were supposed to be in Australia on her birthday for a body building show. At the last minute we decided we didn't want to be away on her birthday and we would just miss the show. Josh had the great idea of going a week later, but going on vacation to where we actually WANT to go. So, we are heading to Mexico for a week. Needless to say, we are soooo excited. Hadley will stay with both the grands. She will be having a mini vacation of her own :) I know we will miss her, but it is going to be a great time to relax and enjoy some of the freedom of not being on a schedule or carrying diapers in my purse :)

Well, if anyone has read this much and is still with me, I know this stuff is not really interesting to anyone but me, but thanks for humoring me and hopefully I will do better with each post and not have to do another looong one to make up for my lack of details.

1 comment:

  1. I read every word and can't wait to see her do that army crawl this week! Thanks for updating the posts so we know what she's doing! Love, love that baby girl of yours and I MISS her!!

    ReplyDelete