Thursday, February 11, 2010

Big Day

Today was full of firsts!  To start it off,  Hadley had her very first Valentine party.  We were invited by a sweet friend to a moms group from church to come and eat snacks and pass out Valentine's.  We had a great time and all the kids are sooo cute and sweet.  Fun times.  After the party I dropped HG off with Josh so that I could go for my first day at the Salvation Army volunteering for Big Brothers Big Sisters.  All I can say is WOW!  When I first got there, I wanted to walk right back out, but I didn't and I'm glad I stayed.  They paired me up with the sweetest little girl.  I asked her what her name was and she said "Desilyn, but you can call me Des, Desi, or Desilyn" so, I asked her which one she prefers and she said "Abby".  That apparently is her middle name and no one calls her that so she would like me to start or if I liked the name Rebecca I could call her that too. :)  Well, after 5 min of talking the director came over and said that they were going to switch me to a little boy.  Ahhh, what about Desi, Des, Desilyn or should I say Abby??  They had someone new for her and so I went over and introduced myself to a little boy named Aaiden.  Cute as can be! We had the best time playing and getting to know each other.   I will be going every Thursday and lets just say I can't wait for next week! This is such a fun way to be doing what I love!
 Here are a couple of pics from the day.
Hadley's Valentines

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious post!!! Funniest story I've read in a very long time. Wish I could meet that precious little girl!!!
    love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete