Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tasty Tuesday




Whole wheat blueberry muffins

Don't let the whole wheat scare you, these are delicious! Hadley's favorite fruit these days is blueberries 'boo' as she calls them, so I thought I would make these as a treat. I got this recipe out of a cookbook from my grandma's church. She had given me the cookbook a long time ago and I use it from time to time. This recipe is from a couple in her church named Mike and Pam Paslay...we have never met, but thanks for sharing this tasty treat.

3/4 C flour
3/4 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C brown sugar, packed
1Tbs. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C frozen blueberries partially thawed
1 egg, well beaten
1/2 C milk
1/2 C butter, melted ( be sure to let cool off so you don't scramble the egg)

Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add blueberries gently to coat. Beat together egg, milk, and melted butter and stir into dry mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fill muffin tins and bake 15-25 min @ 400.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment