Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3 days in 1

This week I have not wanted to sit down and blog, so I tonight I thought I would make up for the last couple of days.

On Monday, my friend Sarah and her two girls met us at a fun place called the Discovery Center. It is like a science museum;) Neither one of us had been there, and since it was too cold to go to the park, we decided to spend the morning inside. It turned out to be fun, but we both agreed it would be way more fun if the girls were a little older. Emma who just turned 5 probably enjoyed it the most, but Aubrey (2 1/2) and Hadley had fun just walking around and exploring what they could. One of these days I will learn, but by then Hadley will actually be old enough for the things I think she would like;).


When we walked in the first thing we found was this big dinosaur pit. You can dig for the fossils;). Hadley wasn't quite sure about it.


Emma showing her what to do..but still not sure.








This was a fun tunnel you could talk into.





If all they had were stairs, HG would have been completely satisfied. She climbed these a hundred times it felt like. Yes, I followed her closely with 'lotion' aka hand sanitizer. Touching the floor in a public place...eeech...I'm having to not think about it...seriously...I'm over it, can't you tell.


Just scoping things out.





The water table..





The fish were a big hit.





I realized that I didn't get any pictures of sweet Aubrey. She is so stinking cute, take my word for it. I'm sure you will see plenty of her and HG in the future;)

Hadley and I only ended up lasted a couple of hours. Sarah and her girls stayed awhile after we left and said they found a lot more things to do. It is always fun hanging out with friends and I'm learning that hanging out with other moms means not necessarily getting lots of girl talk in, but a new kind of fun, experiencing our kids enjoying something new together. I'm thankful for Sarah and we will just have to save our 'girl talk' for our running days.

No comments:

Post a Comment