Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful


Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. It's comforting to be in the same place as everyone you love and share good food. I mean what could be better...ok, Christmas, but this is a very close second;).

I think it's fun to go around the table and share what you are thankful for. Someone always mentions family, health, good food, and then there is the wise guy who has nothing original to say except ' I'm thankful for football'.

But, in all seriousness, I'm realizing that I'm more thankful the older I get.
Being a mom has given me a glimpse of God's love for us. I got to see Hadley from day one and all I could think of was that God loves her so very much and He has created her for His purpose. He has known her and loved her more than I ever could. Well... that same God created me too. He has known me and loved me. He has created me for a purpose.

Pondering His love and purpose is something I think and pray about often. I think about God's perfect plan and timing for everything. How he has brought not just me, but all of us to freedom. First and foremost he gave us Jesus, our Savior who freed us from death. Then, he gave us Godly forefathers that set up a country which allows us to worship Him freely. If that's not enough he then blesses us personally with parents, grandparents, siblings, husbands, children. Combine all of that in a nutshell( mixed with so many other blessings) there is a lot to be thankful for! We should never run out of anything to be thankful for as long as we live!

So, this year when asked what I am MOST thankful for, I'm going to the source....I'm most thankful for Jesus! He sums up all of the blessings we will ever receive with just His name. He is the beginning of our freedom and why/how we are here receiving God's many blessings. He is love!

I'm so very thankful.

Thank you for your love Father and for sending Jesus! Thank you for your continual blessings in my life. I will forever praise your name and thanksgiving will continually be on my lips!

"We thank you, O God!We give thanks because you are near.People everywhere tell of your wonderful deeds."
Psalms 75:1 (NLT)
"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness.Let the whole world know what he has done."
Psalms 105:1 (NLT)

Happy Thanksgiving!! Enjoy time with your many blessings and take some time to thank the One who created them. Be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Without His love, nothing else would really matter. Very eloquently put my precious baby girl. Your mama loves you so much and is treasuring our Savior's love and the privilege we have to all be together tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete