Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fun weekend

Josh is leaving next weekend to go to Alaska. I haven't blogged about it, but he is going on a mountain expedition to climb Denali. He has been training and preparing gear for about a year and a half. Now, the time is here, he leaves on Saturday for an entire month.

This past weekend, my parents came up to see us before Josh leaves and to keep Hadley so we could have a date. It was so much fun seeing them and also getting to spend some time together. I had my mom take our picture before we left since I have zero family pictures;). Neither of us like having our picture made, but every once in awhile it's nice to have a picture of all of us!











Josh and I left mid morning Saturday and headed to Branson. We had booked a room at the Hilton on the Landing. Once we got there we had lunch, did some shopping, and then headed to the room. When we got checked in, we went to the smallest room I have ever seen overlooking the street. It was awful. Josh called down to the desk and asked if we could have another room and she told him they have a suite they could give us for the same price. Um, yes please! We got this awesome room, overlooking the Landing Center. It had a great view of the fountains.























The view below is from the bedroom window, hence the screen.











The weather was perfect and we had such a fun time hanging outside on the deck.




































That night we walked around and went out to dinner. It was so relaxing!











This is one of the fountain shows they do, pretty neat.

We are so thankful for the time together and for HG to hang with her gram and papa. She has so much fun with them that it is not hard to leave her. Oh, a major update...she says Gram all the time now. It is so cute and my mom is a happy camper.

I will blog more about Josh's trip, but for now I'm just enjoying having him home. I will cross that bridge after this week;)



1 comment:

  1. First of all, I love that picture of the three of you; SO very cute. Also we had such a fun weekend with your baby girl. Thanks for letting us take the babysitting duties! Love you guys!
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete