Monday, April 4, 2011

Seriously

It's been 3 weeks since I last posted. These last three weeks have been busy, but mainly just hanging out with no real desire to document. Sorry mom and aunt Jo, I know you both are ready to get this show back on the road;).

A couple of weeks ago, HG and I headed to Tulsa to keep the cousins while my sister was on a mission trip. This was our second year to fill in as Spring Break entertainment, but this year was way more fun since Hadley is a little older and my mom was in town. My mom kept the kids the first part of the week and HG and I showed up for the second half. When we got there, they had ordered pizza for a picnic on the porch. It was much appreciated by miss priss. She thinks she is just as big as her cousins and will copy anything they do.


They had necklaces waiting for HG when we arrived. Does she have it made or what?


They are so sweet to her. They hold her hand, bring her toys, read her books, and entertain her until her heart is content.


It was awesome having my mom in town this year, because I could take the big kids out for fun while Hadley stayed to take her nap. The first day, the kids wanted to go bowling, so I bet you can guess what we did;)... We went bowling!








Chloe won.....for the first time EVER;)


The second day of fun, my mom took Kate and Hadley to the aquarium and I took Cole and Chloe to Incredible pizza. That morning we had some time in the morning, so the kids played and colored.


I'm telling you, the cousins are the BEST kids. They are so thoughtful and sweet. Look at them helping Hadley color.

After a laid back morning the big kids and I headed for Incredible pizza.





We played a few games and then we headed for the go carts. Cole was tall enough to drive and Chloe was able to ride with me. This pic is horrible, but it makes me laugh, because Cole was super embarrassed by all my phone picture taking. He was about to drive a go cart, and he needed to be cool in front of the other kids.


Again, stop with the pictures...please!!!!


Chloe didn't care, she just modeled away;)





That afternoon, after pizza, we sung by my moms, picked up Kate and headed for Braums. We had some cake in the car that would melt if we stayed in Braums too long, so I told them we would just get it and take it home. They all stared at me with a deer in the headlight look. Kate says, 'how can we take ice cream home, it will melt?'. I said we would eat it on the way home, to which I got the blank look again. Not sure they have eaten ice cream in the car much, but they for sure have NEVER eaten in my car;). Fortunately, I was in a rental, since my car was in the shop. Just look at the happiness eating the car brings. Totally worth the rental;)


I know I've said it a million times, but I have the best nieces and nephew. I love them so much and I'm so thankful we get to spend so much time together. They are growing up so fast, and I'm determined to soak it up as long as they will let me.

Side note....Kelly would probably like me to say that she is in no way responsible for their clothing choices;). I know she cringes, looking at what they picked out, but when aunt meg is there, they pick out their own clothes and hair do;). She is way nicer than me and if HG didn't look cute, she would go buy her a new outfit and do a photo shoot. Let's face it, she is the way nicer sister..lol





1 comment:

  1. Well first of all, let me say it's about time you got around to an update :)!! Love all the pics and reliving those fun memories of Spring break! You are so right that we've got to soak it up while we can cause they are all growing up so very fast!! love you guys!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete